The Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act of 1996 (HIPAA)establishes policies and procedures for maintaining the privacy and security of Protected Health Information (PHI) and establishes civil and criminal penalties for violations. Every employee that handles PHI should be trained on how to effectively secure sensitive information when working with the public. Violations due to poor management and/or breach of PHI can be costly. HIPAA compliance training is an excellent way to train employees that handle PHI on how to keep it secure, which in turn protects organizations from expensive breach violations and ensures positive audit reports. Security, accountability, and safe keeping are public expectations for their personal information.
Our HIPAA Privacy and Security training course was developed by industry experts for the purpose of providing professionals with knowledge of federal guidelines concerning the privacy and security of the Title II provision of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), remaining compliant with HIPAA guidelines, effectively communicating confidential written, verbal and electronic information, properly reporting breaches and non-compliance, as evidenced by enhanced, positive patient/professional relationship that is respectful of privacy and confidentiality.
- Dental Associates & Employees
- Healthcare Providers & Employees
- Medical Office Managers
- Mental Health Workers
At the conclusion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Analyze the components of the Privacy and Security rules in Title II
- Differentiate between state and federal laws pertaining to HIPAA regulations
- Distinguish HIPAA identifiers that create protected health information (PHI)
- Interpret HIPAA risk of breaches
- Analyze how HIPAA compliance breaches occur
- Explain HIPAA non-compliance reporting of breaches
- Summarize how to be successfully compliant with HIPAA rules and regulations