This course was designed to inform professionals that handle Texan protected health information (PHI) of Texas H.B. 300. It places stricter requirements on patient health privacy than those required by federal HIPAA laws. Organizations, business associates and individuals that come into contact with Texan PHI are required to meet Texas H.B. 300 requirements. Non-compliance of Texas H.B. 300 can lead to hefty fines in addition to HIPAA non-compliance fines. Employees as well as organizations can be penalized for non-compliance. After completing this course the learner will be able to implement procedures that will keep Texan PHI secure.
At the conclusion of the Texas H.B. 300 training course the learner will be able to:
- Explain the provisions of Texas H.B. 300
- Define the terms ‘business associate’ and ‘covered entity’ and state examples of each
- Describe patient rights under Texas H.B. 300
- Discuss breach notification requirements and fines associated with non-compliance
- Implement procedures that are compliant with Texas H.B. 300